Filter pit cover

Alle doe-het-zelf artikelen kunnen hier aan bod komen.
Plaats reactie
BartOS

Filter pit cover

Bericht door BartOS »

Dear koi friend,

I am in the process of making a cover for my filter pit.
The dimensions of the opening are 170 cm wide and 435 cm long.
The plan is to open the cover manually with the help of a gas shock absorber.
The frame would be made of galvanized profiles to which i would attach WPC decking.
How to perform waterproof cover ? I am also thinking of splitting the lid into two independent sections. How do I make the watertight joint of these two sections? The goal is also to be able to walk on the cover when it is closed, how much distance can I make between the profiles in the substructure without being able to bear the weight? Whether the entire cover needs to be tilted in order to be able to drain rainwater ?
Please your opinions and advice or some picture of who performed something similar.
Thanks!!!!
Infrasuri

Re: Filter pit cover

Bericht door Infrasuri »

Best to use light materials like aluminium .
Or split it and use an U profile between as a rain gut .
Or use rails to slide it instead of lift it .

In my build i go for half lift and slide the other half to the open spot because i never need to be on both places .
And when i lift it completly off with some help .

Butt im stil building the pond so have no pics of it .
BartOS

Bericht door BartOS »

Thanks Infrasuri! :good:
can you send me a link to the topic if it was on the forum? It’s pretty hard for me to find in a search engine...
Hugo75

Bericht door Hugo75 »

I second the light materials, my cover is 1.4x4.20 with an aluminum frame, rockpanel and pir isolation (certainly not strong enough to walk on though) already weighs about 70kg. If you need a walkable cover with WPC decking you probably should section it or use counter weights or something. Don't forget the isolation when calculating the gas springs.

My deck out of wood composite needs a support every 50-60 cm, this is a solid composite, for hollow composite should be about 35-40 cm. If I look at the weight of my boards for my deck I think it would end up at about 250-300kg for the lid. I'd be a little uncomfortable having that balanced above me with just two gas springs, I'd certainly section it.

(example of my lid: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22734&p=350029#p350029)
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Zelfbouw”